Home of the Two Hour Tulip Purse
Anything But Boring now has two designers:
Janice D. Pope of Raleigh, NC
and Mary M. Corcoran of Laramie, WY.
Anything But Boring is a pattern company providing useful solutions to everyday problems.
Bias Binding Simplified Ruler is in the Notions page, which is a drop down menu of the Patterns page.
All “Kit ‘n Kaboodle” proceeds are donated to water.org.
See blog post dated March 19, 2011. Over $4665 donated so far!
“BLING MY PURSE CONTEST!” is all about adding interest to your Two-Hour Tulip Purse.
Below is all the information. To print as a .pdf, click Bling My Purse Contest Rules
Official Rules for the Two-Hour Tulip “BLING MY PURSE” Contest
- Make a Two-Hour Tulip Purse using the pattern by the same name. One entry per person.
- Must be one of the 4 sizes in the pattern, Petite, Standard, Large or Jumbo.
- May be embellished in any way; stitching, embroidery, beads, buttons, bows, etc.
- Submission is by photo by email. Include a picture of the front of the purse, the back of the purse, as well as a close up of the detail. Send your photo to email@example.com. In the subject line put the name of the purse, such as “Buttons Galore” , or “Sashiko Midnight”, just like you would name a quilt you had made. (See below for additional information about the email.)
- All submissions must be emailed no later than March 31, 2015.
- Judges decisions will be made by April 15th. All decisions are final. Look for winners on the Anything But Boring Facebook page, as well as the Anything But Boring blog page.
- There is no fee to enter. Winning purses will be displayed in May at Minneapolis Quilt Market. (Shipping at ABB expense.)
- Winners will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd, as well as Honorable Mention.
- First prize will include $100 value prize package; Second will be $50 value prize package; and Third will be $25 value prize package.
- Information to include in the email with the photos includes the following:
Name, mailing address, phone number, how long you have been quilting and the number of Two-Hour Tulip Purses you have made in the last 10 years.
Sponsors are Anything But Boring, Melody Crust Fiber Artist, Aurifil, Pellon™, Joan Ford of Hummingbird Highway, StudioE Fabrics.
© 2014 Janice D. Pope
Keep up with me and see where I go. Hopefully, we’ll meet along the way!
Febuary 6th, 2015, Teaching at Sew Original, Winston Salem, NC: Pie and Ice Cream paper foundation and curved piecing
March 26-28, 2015 Creative Arts Business Summit, Washington, DC